Shomrei Torah Religious School (STARS) welcomes children in grades K-7 into our nurturing, joyful and hands-on Jewish education program.
Our primary educational goals are to open a door to learning for every student and to foster a love of Jewish tradition and community. Our goal is that every child will be a lifelong participant in Jewish communal life.
To make Jewish education fully accessible to your family, we offer compelling programming, online materials for Hebrew study at home, family education opportunities, field trips, and an open-door policy for parents and guardians to volunteer. We expect our students to support and participate in the life of our synagogue, their Jewish community and the community at large.
- December 4th at 6:15pm: Family Friendly Shabbat Service. Bring the entire family and celebrate Shabbat!
- December 6th from 9-11am: Hanukkah Fair! Join us for music, art, bounce house, face painting and delicious Hanukkah treats! All ages welcome! This is a FREE event!
- December 9th at 6:15pm: Night of Lights. Let’s rejoice together! Come enjoy latkes, donuts and applesauce, music and fun! Bring your menorah & candles and a veggie dish to share.
When is Religious School?
- Sundays 9:00-11:15 AM: Kindergarten-3rd Grade
Sundays 11:00-11:15 AM: All School T’filla (Services)
Sundays 11:00-1:00 PM: 4th – 6th Grade
- Wednesdays 4:00-6:00 PM: 4th – 6th Grade
For a full calendar of our events, click here: 2015-16 STaRS Calendar
We welcome parent participation as we continue to develop our program. Feel free to contact our Education Director, Rabbi Stephanie Kramer, at 707-578-5519 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to sign up to volunteer: STaRS Volunteers
Click here to register online for STaRS 2015-2016 school year!
If you have questions about using the online registration form or any other religious school concerns, please email email@example.com.
If you are interested in applying to be a teacher’s assistant (Madrich), download the application here: Madrichim Application Form 2015-2016
Gesher Program (7th Grade)
We are excited to continue our new GESHER (bridge) program for 7th grade students. GESHER will take the place of our traditional 7th grade religious school. There will be many exciting speakers and new engaging activities. The majority of these sessions will take place on Sundays from 11:00-1:00 PM at CST, with several field trips, overnights, and a Camp Newman retreat during the year.
- December 13th: Program on Prayer (11:00am-1:00pm) Parents Requested
- January 10th: Rick Concoff (11:00am-1:00pm) No Parents
- January 16th-17th: Overnight Program (6:00pm-8:00am) Some Parent Volunteers
- February 12-15th: West Coast Party Jr. at Camp Newman (Time TBA) No Parents
- February 28th: Jewish Life Post B’nei Mitzvah (11:00am-1:00pm) No Parents
- April 3rd: Field Trip to Glide (7:00am in SF- 10:30am) Parents Requested, Carpools
- April 10th: Jewish Culture Day (11:00am-1:00pm) No Parents
- May 15th: Mitzvah Mall (10:00am-1:00pm) No Parents
For more detailed information about each of these events, click here: 2015-16 Gesher Dates PDF